A BLOG CHRONICLING MY SEMESTER AND TRAVELS ABROAD

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope that this will be an excellent way for me to keep all of my friends and family up to date on my semester abroad in Rome. Please feel free to post any comments you would like, or shoot me an e-mail and I will try to respond as soon as possible. Also, if you click on each of the photographs below, it will display them at their full size.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

AS Roma V Manchester United: Game 1 in Rome

This photo may take a bit of an explanation. Today was the first game between AS Roma and Manchester United in the Champions League tournament. Because this is one of the biggest tournaments in which European soccer teams compete, you can imagine that the fans get pretty rowdy. So in order to keep things from getting too crazy, the sale of alcohol in grocery stores was cut off between noon and 3 AM in the entire city of Rome. When I first heard about this I was wondering how the ban was going to be enforced until I stopped at the Standa on the way home from class and snapped this photo of the beer section. Italians.

No comments: